How do I get a tax lien off of my credit report?
When the State of Missouri or the IRS files a lien with the local recorder’s office, independent credit bureau searchers input the lien into your credit report. When the lien has been released by the filing office, they are supposed to send the release or discharge to the correct Recorders office to be put on record with the original filing. Sometimes the Recorders office does not receive the release; in that case please contact the State of Missouri at 1-573-751-7200 for information regarding state tax liens, or the IRS at 1-800-913-6050 for information regarding federal tax liens.

Show All Answers

1. Who will prepare my documents for recording?
2. How is property ownership conveyed from one party to another?
3. I made a change to the document and need to record it over. Can documents be re-recorded?
4. Where is my release deed? The loan company said they sent it for recording.
5. How do I get a tax lien off of my credit report?